Matthew 4:4

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God" - Matthew 4:4

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Knowing God and Salvation

Christianity is not a religion, it is a direct relationship with God.  There is a wrong misconception in the world that as long as we are good citizens and we do good things to other people that we will be saved and will inherit the kingdom of God but it is actually only by the grace of God through faith that we are saved  ("8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9).

God loved us even though we were sinners and we were unworthy of his love and mercy ("For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God-Rom 3:23 ); that he sent Jesus Christ to save us from our sins ("16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3;16)

Jesus died for you and you can be saved just by asking Him for forgiveness from your sins and accepting him as your savior.  It does not matter what you have done in the past, just repent and He will forgive you.  (“17Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance." -Mark 2:17)

You can start by saying this prayer:
"Jesus, I know that I have sinned against you. I know the truth is that I have sinned by my own choice, and I am the one responsible for it. I know that I have earned punishment from You, and that the fair punishment would be death. Jesus, I believe that You died in my place. Forgive me for my sin. I cannot cover or take my sin away, I am relying totally and only on You. You are the only one who can save me. I reject my sin, I turn away from it, I repent. Come into my life, take away my sin, and show me how to live my life in a way that is right and pleasing to You." (http://www.calvaryaurora.org/how-to-know-god/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Worship Song of the Week: Voice of Truth- Casting Crowns